The Human Services Office steps in with assistance that meets basic human needs and helps avert crisis situations for individuals and families. We provide emergency financial, material and other supportive assistance. The Office has a food pantry that is both for emergency and ongoing monthly use for families in need. Over the course of the last twelve months, Catholic Urban Programs has assisted those in need with the following services.
For those fleeing domestic violence situations, experiencing homelessness or other life events that temporarily take them out of their housing, our motel stay program provides immediate, short-term assistance.
- 762 nights provided
- 578 household members assisted
Catholic Urban Programs invests a significant amount of time and resources into preventing families from becoming homeless. We also work to help make sure homes are safe and comfortable for senior citizens and those experiencing health issues.
- 99 families participated in our homelessness prevention program
- 42 families given air conditioning units
- 47 individuals and families were provided with rental assistance
- 3 families we assisted with obtaining occupancy permits
Final Expense Assistance
- 94 families dealing with the untimely loss of a loved one through injury, illness or violence were assisted with funeral expenses.
“I really do appreciate the concern and kindness your agency has shown me… because it makes a difference in people’s lives.”
“Thank you for your financial help in repairing my furnace. May God continuously bless your help to those in need.”
“I would like to thank you all for all your help. This helps me improve my future for a better and positive way of living.”